- 1 unbaked, 9 inch, deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup, (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
- Spoon into pie shell
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Note: best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream