This is my favorite type of recipe – one that is simple and fast, while still creating a fabulous presentation. I made this appetizer using a recipe featured on rachaelraymag.com. However, I doubled the original recipe because I always have a crowd to feed, and mixed in some additional ingredients to add some brightness to the flavor of the dish.
DEVILED EGG CUPS
- 2 boxes (1.9 oz.) mini phyllo shells (I found some at Vons.)
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard, depending on your preference
- Fresh juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed (fresh or dried)
- Freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- Sweet or smoked paprika to garnish
- Crisp shells in 350 degrees degree oven for 5 minutes; let cool.
- In food processor, puree eggs, mayo, Dijon, lemon juice, and dill weed.
- Season with salt & pepper and blend until well incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, put egg mixture into a zip lock bag, seal well, and clip off one corner with kitchen scissors.
- Pipe egg mixture into shells; sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately. Makes 30.